- 1 Best Headphones For Podcasting – My Podcast Headset Recommendations
- 2 Best Podcast Headphones – Do I Need Podcasting Headphones?
- 3 Good Headphones for Podcasts – Buying
- 4 Conclusion On The Best Headphones For Podcast Audio
- 5 Other Good options For best podcast headphones
Whether you’re an amateur or professional podcaster, it’s safe that you’ve already invested substantially into the best production of your show. This includes getting the best equipment, creating the perfect recording environment, and spending countless hours creating the best content for your audience. But what if you don’t have a good pair? Well, you may have overlooked the most important part of creating best quality sounding podcasting headphones or headset.
Best Headphones For Podcasting – My Podcast Headset Recommendations
Top Podcasting Headphones Choice – Audio-Technica ATH-M50X
If you are looking for something which gives the best quality audio output, then consider ordering the Audio Technica ATH-M50X. It comes with 45mm Neodymium drivers with the copper-clad aluminum voice coils enhance the overall performance and audio quality of speakers. The following review will let you know why buying these are a best choice.
Specifications and features
The MX50 headphone is made of high quality textured matte, which gives them a modern and classy look. With a large ear cup design bundled with cushion paddled interiors for wrapping your ears, the headphones lets you hear cozy sound without any sort of disturbance. The trendy design and comfy fit are other features.
Operation and use is easy, and compatible with all kinds of devices including desktops, laptops, MP3 players, Smartphones and much more. You can effortlessly fold them, and this adds a portability feature. Another best perk of this podcast option – comes with a one-year warranty.
The only con about these are they come with a higher price tag. However, you can expect really good audio output for a great price. If you can afford the cost, these make a perfect fit for any individual.
Owning a top of the line pair of podcast headphones is a must for enjoying excellent audio quality when podcasting listening. Better durability, best enhanced performance and uninterrupted audio output are some of the striking benefits of Audio-Technica ATH-M50X.
The Audio Technica ATH-M50X headphones are another great option for top quality headphones for podcasts.
Sennheiser HD280PRO – Our #2 Recommendation
These are extremely comfortable with closed around the ear, swiveling ear cuffs as well as best features that help enhance user experience, such as a convenient single-sided coil cable, and 32 dB noise attenuation. With excellent audio and noise isolation these provide the best quality needed for meeting both home studio and professional studio expectations.
- They sound freaking amazing!
- Soft earpads that provide a best comfortable headphones fit
- High ambient noise attenuation – 32 dB
- Quality accurate linear audio reproduction
- Optimum impedance ensures universal compatibility
- Ear cups that rotate 90° and fold for easy storing and transport
- A durable single-sided coil cable ranging from 3.3 ft – 9.8 ft in length
- Weight without the cable – a mere 285 g
While these offer a best looking design, the finish on the headband can wear off over time and the padding on the ear cups may be a bit thin. However, they are designed for long-life by making it best to replace the ear pads and headband padding as well as the cord.
When wearing these, you have no worries about whether coworkers or fellow commuters can hear what podcast you’re listening to. Additionally, the ear cups provide a nice seal that makes podcasting listening great, and they do block some noise, but they are not noise-cancelling, so external noise can sometimes be a problem. Overall, they have a number of excellent features at an affordable price point.
Definitely one of our favorite best headphones for podcasting!
V-Moda Crossfade M-100
People of all ages and genders love podcasting listening. However, some folks enjoy best quality of sound than others. The key reason why these individuals hear better sound is the best quality they own. If you wish, consider buying the V-Moda Crossfade M-100.
Specifications and features
Crossfade M-100 headphones are the world’s first crowd sourced, light weight, noise isolating option. The headphones includes the patented dual diaphragm drivers (50 mm) for separating bass from highs and mids. With the ultra compact exoskeleton carry case featuring the V-Strap system, this produces clean deep bass, ultra-extended highs and vivid mids, fine tuned by industry editors and audiophiles.
The headphones creates the best amazing podcast audio than many other options available in the market. The unit looks appealing and drives the attention of all. It lasts longer, this lets you enjoy best class sound in any given environment.
The plastic clips that hold the band cups often fall down and are damage susceptible. Also, some folks think that the unit may be highly priced. Despite these minor cons, the headphones makes a best fit for podcasting listening at any place.
The above points make it pretty evident that the V-Moda Crossfade M-100 are an ideal podcasts option. Top class audio quality, durability and sleek design are some of the perks of buying this one of a kind option. Because of these amazing benefits, the Crossfade M-100 are highly preferred by podcasting lovers of all levels.
These are good quality headphones for podcasts!
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
Today, they have become an indispensable part of your life. An ideal unit lets you listen to not only a podcast, but also music, tutorials and lots more. However, picking the right one that will last longer might be a tricky task. Consider investing in the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro.
Specifications and features
The custom one pro could be best of class that makes music or podcast listening more interactive with a higher degree of flexibility. The podcast headphones includes a custom sound slider so that you can change the sound as you wish at any given time. You can effortlessly customize its style by easily changing the color of the headband and adding other accessories. Ear cups plates and detachable cables are other items that come with the product. With new velocity drivers at 16 ohm, the unit is compatible with iPads, Smartphones, tablets and home studios.
The audio signature goes well with podcasting. With the right clamping pressure, it makes listening comfortable. Most importantly, the unit is highly durable and will serve you best for a long time.
These units are not backed by enough accessories. Also, some users feel that it is a bit pricey. If you have enough accessories and can afford the best price, then this innovative headphones are ideal for varied uses like a podcast.
From the above headphones for podcasts review, it becomes clear that the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro headphones are one of the best podcasting headphones in the market. Better listening quality, appealing design, higher durability and comfort are some of the striking features. This is why most of the folks love this high quality option.
QuietComfort By Bose
The Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones for podcasts offer comfort and flexibility – choose the level of noise cancelling that you prefer. You can block out all noise, or let some noise filter in which is helpful if you’re keeping an eye on kids or wearing them at work while podcast listening. Other best features of these include the following:
- Wireless headphones — Bluetooth wireless connection
- Noise cancelling audio
- Includes microphone system for phone calls or virtual assistant access, such as Siri
- Adjustable levels of noise cancelling
- Compatible with Bose Connect App for more functionality
- Up to 20 hours of battery life
- 3.2 x 6.7 x 7.1 inches
- Over ear headphones design
- 0.52 lb
- Litium ion battery
The Bose QuietComfort 35 are light and comfortable even if you wear them all day. Control the level of noise cancelling, these offer the flexibility you need for a wide range of external environments. Block out all external noise or just temper it down a bit, these work great for a podcast.
These headphones for podcasts also offer exceptional audio quality as well as easy phone applications. While there might be others with slightly better sound quality, the Bose offer the combination of quality with a number of other best features making them a great choice for most users. With a long battery life, these are best for commuters as well as for in home or office use.
Shure has been at it for almost 100 years now. Up until now the focus was on microphones mostly. However, there are more with the Shure SRH440 headphones for podcasts, they can prove it. Since nothing is perfect, lets start with the cons:
It has an incredibly solid design. The same with the headband. The ear cups are quite big, so no super comfortable fit. The wires that connects the two earphones are exposed and kept in place with plastic clips.
Where sound quality is concerned, it’s not heavy on bass – you might not pic it up on first podcast listen though.
Pros; The con with the design is also a pro in that it’s durable. It also comes with a bag – keep your new asset safe. The cord is detachable, replaceable and stretches up to ten feet! The ear pads are detachable and replaceable. You don’t need a special amp, a simple laptop would do. Audio wise, it delivers a good, clean production. You will love the mid – range and treble detail it delivers. It’s ideal for both professional and home studio recordings or even everyday listening.
The Shure SRH440 will not let you down. The quality is great for the best price and it comes with the Shure guarantee. Don’t miss the Shure.
Focal Spirit Professional
As a sleek and full-bodied set, the Focal Spirit Professional has many attractive features that make it worth more than a generic podcast headset. The French brand Focal is a specialist in making loudspeakers for entertainment systems and computers. They take their skill at filling a room with sound and condense it into a smaller package.
The secret is a titanium-alloy driver that delivers the best precise sound. The result is a snug set of headsets that are able to dampen outside noise and yet also be lightweight and comfortable to wear. Someone connected might even forget they are wearing it. It’s better for concentrating on the podcasting in any case.
The only real drawback is the snug headset construction. It fits most heads well, but some people might find it uncomfortable. Because it’s sturdy, it’s not as lightweight as the cheap earphones. It might be a better choice for sitting with a laptop than jogging.
In truth, its jack piece is larger than what would fit many portable podcasting players. An adapter might be necessary. As with any large podcasts headphones, it takes a respectable current for producing high volumes. Portable podcasting players might lack the juice to produce more than low audio.
The impedance is rated at 32 ohm, and the sensitivity is best quality at 102dB SPL/1mW at 1kHz.
So you are in the market for buying a good quality pair of headphones for podcasting, but don’t know about some great brands! Well, you are not all alone; a lot of shoppers feel blank when choosing the right headphone. Although a great number exist in the market, you may want the Shure SRH1540 for a better podcast listening experience.
Specifications and features
The SRH1540 headphone includes an expansive soundstage for clearer, extended highs and warm bass. Made with carbon fiber and aluminum alloy, the lightweight design features the Alcantara ear pads for enhanced sound isolation and maximum comfort. Also, additions such as the replacement set of ear pads, storage case and an extra dual-exit cable ensures many years of listening enjoyment.
The headphones for podcasts let you enjoy open and dynamic sound with warm bass. Additionally, these closed-back headphones present a cozy experience when podcast listening. Above all, the headphones are highly durable and lasts longer – letting you enjoy amazing audio quality for years.
Some users believe that the product’s price is higher. However, you get a lot of accessories and amazing sound for such a price. It makes a good choice for what you expend.
Whether you want to listen to tutorials or your best podcasts, having a top class headphone like the Shure SRH1540 is a must. Strong built, amazing audio quality and vivid additions are some of the perks of owning the SRH1540. Enjoy quality audio uninterruptedly for a best price, then Shure’s SRH1540 is the right choice for you.
There are some other great suggestions on this best podcast headphones article.
Best Podcast Headphones – Do I Need Podcasting Headphones?
Setting aside the need for a decent quality microphone as well as something for recording your material on, the one thing you can’t do without as a podcaster is a pair of professional units. This is obviously a must when you’re interviewing someone via Skype. However, wearing these is also crucial when you’re recording a solo show or a live interview. Here’s why:
- They let you monitor your voice: While you’re speaking into your mic, your brain is simultaneously processing the audio. Make the right voice changes and improve the quality of your podcast recordings.
- Gives you more control over the audio: Hearing what’s being recorded means you will know when your voice becomes too distant or too muffled. This means your microphone technique will improve gradually as time goes by.
- It’s much easier to make your conversations sound natural: Nothing can get in the way of a great interview like telling someone how to talk every few minutes. They can especially come in handy when you’re interviewing someone who’s never been at a recording studio before, since they make it possible for them to regulate their own voice. It becomes easier to focus your attention on the podcast conversation throughout your interview.
- Make editing easier: Considering just how much time it editing raw podcast clips normally takes, it definitely helps to improve the way you record and makes the process much easier. As it turns out, the best way to control your audio is listening to it while it’s being recorded.
- Make the right changes when editing: They can not only save you time when editing your audio, but they can also help you go about it the right way. You see, with normal speakers, it’s often hard to pick out unwanted sounds from the recording, especially if the environment in which you’re editing has too much noise. This is where a professional pair of best podcasting headphones come into the picture; they project the audio, allowing you to focus fully on getting rid of unwanted noises from your clips.
To say the least, you have no option but investing in a good pair if you’re seeking to make a great-sounding podcast. Which begs the question, what factors should you take into account when shopping? For starters, the shopping process will be a lot different from what you’d do when looking for a best podcast headphone.
Good Headphones for Podcasts – Buying
Buying Podcast Headphones Tips
You will be wearing podcast headphones for long periods of time while listening (mostly) to spoken voice instead of music, so it only makes sense to best educate yourself before jumping in head first. And you can start by familiarizing yourself with the most important factors to keep in mind when choosing podcasting headphones:
- Accuracy: Ideally, you want your audio podcasts as close as it would in real life as possible when you’re recording and editing the raw podcast audio clips. Look for options that reproduce human voices in a lifelike manner. This referred to as flat frequency response in professional circles. When shopping, look for ones labeled as ‘monitor’ and ‘studio’, these work better than their standard counterparts in maintaining a flat frequency response.
- Sound leak: When audio finds its way outside, you will have a hard time recording audio properly, people in close proximity will find it annoying. When recording solo, a decent quality pair of professional units should minimize such leaks to a level where they won’t risk creating a feedback loop. The only time when you best be concerned is when you play other sounds when recording your show.
- Sound isolation: How well they keep external audio noises from your ears also matters. Steer clear of headphones with active noise cancellation, this will only cause you headaches when recording a podcast with a co-host. Remember, earbuds can’t do that!
- Comfort: Ideally, use your podcasting headphones only when you’re recording and editing your shows. However, there’s no harm in wearing them throughout the day, or even using them for other purposes. Whatever the case, it’s crucial that you look for podcast headphones that feel comfortable when on your ears and your head.
- The cord: Short coiled cords are more likely to get in the way of your mouse and keyboard in addition to limiting your movements. Speaking of which, a coiled cable would also help in keeping the slack out of the way, so pay attention to such details, insignificant as they may seem.
- Portability: This is especially crucial if you record (some of) your podcast episodes from the field. In such a case, you want a pair that’s easy to carry around without taking up too much space. This makes ear buds a great podcast option, but you can also opt for other professional podcast options which fold into compact sizes. Forget about earbuds though!
- Aesthetics: If yours is a video podcast, look for the smallest pair available, instead of one that sticks out too much in the open.
- Price: A decent quality pair of podcast studio audio headphones for podcasts will cost you at least $100, but you can always pay more for better quality, depending on how much money you have.
Conclusion On The Best Headphones For Podcast Audio
Some Thoughts On The Popular Best Podcasting Headphones
In a nutshell, these are of utmost importance when putting together a good podcast studio. Keep in mind the kind you’re likely to come across at your local department store are probably not the best. When choosing top headphones for podcasting, the audio technica ath-m50x or Bose Quietcomfort 25 for example, concentrate your efforts around professional-grade podcast products to wear.
A very important part of any podcast starter kit.
Other Good options For best podcast headphones
Any of these headphones are great too – get from Amazon!
headphones for podcasting
Hope you enjoyed this podcasting headphones article!